7:40 PM

(0) Comments

4 year old bottled conditioned Framboise Recipe

M Sheraw AKA T Ferguson

,

We made a blackberry lambic recipe in the summer of 2004. We followed the recipe to the letter and like some other things in life my gut did not feel right following the recipe exactly. However, I thought "we have never have made a recipe like this maybe I should just do it". So we did. We added a second yeast addition, just like the recipe said and that is where I believe we went wrong.

So fast forward to four years later, and how has it aged??

It has decent head retention, a light mouth feel and a light sweet flavor. HOWEVER, this overwhelming yeast taste beats down all the other flavors. It is kind of embarrassing to talk about but twice now when I follow a recipe that does not sound completlely in line with a style it has not turned out the way we like.

Ira has the video of us tasting the batch. I will ask him to post it.
0 Responses to "4 year old bottled conditioned Framboise Recipe"

Post a Comment